" Business Value and Corporate Sustainability Management in Asia Pacific: Strategies and the Use of Sustainability Accounting "
The challenge associated with balancing the three perspectives of sustainability (the social, the environmental and the economic) is huge and accounting and management academics have played an important role developing tools, highlighting the business case for corporate sustainability, sustainable action and seeking to understand current corporate practice. Despite the increasing popularity and development of sustainability accounting and corporate sustainability management in Asia Pacific, scholars note that there are still limited, lack of academic and practical investigation on antecedents and consequences of corporate sustainability management from sustainability accounting perspective (Lee and Schaltegger, 2018). In particular, we are seeking theoretical and practical approaches to address the roles and strategies of sustainability accounting to support business organizations to integrate corporate sustainability into core business activities, and improving our understanding on antecedents and consequences of implementing corporate sustainability management and strategies in Asia Pacific. To improve our understanding and knowledge, we aim to explore the roles and use of sustainability accounting for corporate sustainability with business cases in Asia Pacific.
We welcome papers that address any aspects of actual and/or potential strategy and use of sustainability accounting in advancing corporate sustainability management and responsible management research. There is a wide range of topics that could provide valuable explorations of these issues within developed and developing economies and across a range of organizational forms. New approaches, methodologies, empirical and analytical papers are welcomed for our conference.
- The accounting and management aspects of corporate sustainability
- Roles and contributions of accounting for the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)Business value and corporate sustainability strategy and implementation
- Corporate sustainability performance measures with sustainability accounting
- Pre-conditions and/or post-activities to achieve eco-efficiency
- The link between corporate sustainability management and firm performance
- Challenges and opportunities for environmental and sustainability management accounting in Asia Pacific
- New approaches and innovations in sustainability accounting and its links to sustainability performance measures
- Business Cases for Corporate Sustainability with sustainability accounting
- Economic impact of environmental and social sustainability management
- Sustainability accounting tools and applications for corporate sustainability management
- Corporate engagement with the SDGs through accounting, auditing and reporting practices
- The roles of professional accounting bodies to support corporate sustainability management and SDGs
- Sustainability strategy and Sustainability accounting practice
- Involvement of accounting profession in sustainability accounting and management
- Sustainability reporting and integrated reporting
- National culture and institutional impacts on corporate sustainability management
- Cultural relevance in sustainability management accounting